- This topic is empty.
November 7, 2020 at 12:03 pm #7219Ann MarshallGuest
The Whole-Brain Child
12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child’s Developing Mind, Survive Everyday Parenting Struggles, and Help Your Family Thrive
by Daniel J. Siegel, Tina Payne Bryson
- Release date: October 4, 2011
- Genres: parenting, psychology, education, family, childrens, science, adoption
- Publisher: Delacorte Press
- ISBN: 9780553807912 (0553807919)
- Format: hardcover, 192 pages
- Language: english
- Author: Daniel J. Siegel, Tina Payne Bryson
About The Book
Your toddler throws a tantrum in the middle of a store. Your preschooler refuses to get dressed. Your fifth-grader sulks on the bench instead of playing on the field. Do children conspire to make their parents’ lives endlessly challenging? No — it’s just their developing brain calling the shots!
In this pioneering, practical book, Daniel J. Siegel, neuropsychiatrist and author of the bestselling Mindsight, and parenting expert Tina Payne Bryson demystify the meltdowns and aggravation, explaining the new science of how a child’s brain is wired and how it matures. The “upstairs brain,” which makes decisions and balances emotions, is under construction until the mid-twenties. And especially in young children, the right brain and its emotions tend to rule over the logic of the left brain. No wonder kids can seem — and feel — so out of control. By applying these discoveries to everyday parenting, you can turn any outburst, argument, or fear into a chance to integrate your child’s brain and foster vital growth. Raise calmer, happier children using twelve key strategies, including
• Name It to Tame It: Corral raging right-brain behavior through left-brain storytelling, appealing to the left brain’s affinity for words and reasoning to calm emotional storms and bodily tension.
• Engage, Don’t Enrage: Keep your child thinking and listening, instead of purely reacting.
• Move It or Lose It: Use physical activities to shift your child’s emotional state.
• Let the Clouds of Emotion Roll By: Guide your children when they are stuck on a negative emotion, and help them understand that feelings come and go.
• SIFT: Help children pay attention to the Sensations, Images, Feelings, and Thoughts within them so that they can make better decisions and be more flexible.
• Connect Through Conflict: Use discord to encourage empathy and greater social success.
Complete with clear explanations, age-appropriate strategies for dealing with day-to-day struggles, and illustrations that will help you explain these concepts to your child, The Whole-Brain Child shows you how to cultivate healthy emotional and intellectual development so that your children can lead balanced, meaningful, and connected lives.
FB2 book The Whole-Brain Child buy cheap on PC. FictionBook ebook The Whole-Brain Child by Daniel J. Siegel on Walmart. Online The Whole-Brain Child Daniel J. Siegel read on Bookshop. PDF book The Whole-Brain Child download for PocketBook.
EPUB The Whole-Brain Child buy Mac on Booktopia. Hardcover ebook The Whole-Brain Child Daniel J. Siegel read online. MP3 ebook The Whole-Brain Child. Hardback The Whole-Brain Child by Daniel J. Siegel download Android on Powells.November 7, 2020 at 12:40 pm #7241sawleyhistoricalsocietyGuest
The Te of Piglet • Benjamin Hoff • 9781405204279