- This topic is empty.
November 8, 2020 at 1:04 am #7659Anna BuccinoGuest
by Mariko Tamaki, Jillian Tamaki
- Awards: Ignatz Award for Outstanding Graphic Novel (2008), The Inky Awards Nominee for Silver Inky (2009), Doug Wright Award for Best Book (2009), The Inky Awards Shortlist for Silver Inky (2009)
- Language: english
- Release date: January 1, 2008
- Places: Toronto, Ontario
- Genres: comics, lgbt, fiction, queer, canada, contemporary
- Characters: Kimberly Keiko Cameron, aka “Skim”, Lisa Soor, Ms. Archer, Katie Matthews, John Reddear
- Format: hardcover, 143 pages
- Publisher: Groundwood Books
- Author: Mariko Tamaki, Jillian Tamaki
- ISBN: 9780888997531 (0888997531)
About The Book
Heartbreakingly funny, moving and vibrantly drawn, Skim is an extraordinary book — a smart and sensitive graphic novel of the highest literary and artistic quality, by and about young women.
“Skim” is Kimberly Keiko Cameron, a not-slim, would-be Wiccan goth who goes to a private girls’ school. When Skim’s classmate Katie Matthews is dumped by her boyfriend, who then kills himself, the entire school goes into mourning overdrive. As concerned guidance counselors provide lectures on the “cycle of grief,” and the popular clique starts a new club (Girls Celebrate Life!) to bolster school spirit, Skim sinks into an ever-deepening depression.
And falling in love only makes things worse…
Suicide, depression, love, being gay or not, crushes, cliques, and finding a way to be your own fully human self — are all explored in this brilliant collaboration by cousins Mariko and Jillian Tamaki. An edgy, keenly observed and poignant glimpse into the heartache of being young.
Paperback Skim buy cheap for Kindle. EPUB book Skim by Mariko Tamaki on Book Depository. MP3 ebook Skim Mariko Tamaki read online Android on Amazon.
TXT Skim download. Online ebook Skim on IndieBound. PDF book Skim by Mariko Tamaki read on PocketBook.