- This topic is empty.
November 9, 2020 at 1:45 pm #8501Abbie LittleGuest
by Teju Cole
- Author: Teju Cole
- Release date: February 8, 2011
- Places: New York City, New York, Manhattan, New York City, New York, Upper West Side, Manhattan, New York
- Format: hardcover, 259 pages
- Awards: New York Public Library Young Lions Fiction Award Nominee (2012), PEN/Hemingway Foundation Award (2012), Internationaler Literaturpreis – Haus der Kulturen der Welt (2013), New York City Book Award for Fiction (2011), Rosenthal Family Foundation Award (2012)
- Language: english
- Publisher: Random House
- Genres: fiction, africa, novels, contemporary, nigeria, literature, american, unfinished
- ISBN: 9781400068098 (1400068096)
About The Book
Along the streets of Manhattan, a young Nigerian doctor doing his residency wanders aimlessly. The walks meet a need for Julius: they are a release from the tightly regulated mental environment of work, and they give him the opportunity to process his relationships, his recent breakup with his girlfriend, his present, his past.
But it is not only a physical landscape he covers; Julius crisscrosses social territory as well, encountering people from different cultures and classes who will provide insight on his journey — which takes him to Brussels, to the Nigeria of his youth, and into the most unrecognizable facets of his own soul.
EPUB ebook Open City by Teju Cole read. Paperback book Open City buy cheap for iOS on Dymocks. FictionBook Open City Teju Cole.