- This topic is empty.
November 8, 2020 at 5:05 pm #8115Apostle PinkertonGuest
The Rosie Project
(Don Tillman, #1)
by Graeme Simsion
- Release date: October 1, 2013
- Language: english
- Awards: All About Romance (AAR) Annual Reader Poll for Best Novel with Strong Romantic Elements (2014), Victorian Premier’s Literary Award for Unpublished Manuscript (2012), Australian Book Industry Award (ABIA) for General Fiction and for Book of the Year (2014), UC Book of the Year (2015), Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Fiction (2013)
- Characters: Don Tillman, Rosie Jarman
- Publisher: Simon & Schuster
- Format: hardcover, 295 pages
- Places: Australia
- Author: Graeme Simsion
- ISBN: 9781476729084 (1476729085)
- Series: Don Tillman, #1
- Genres: fiction, romance, contemporary, humor, adult, australia
About The Book
An international sensation, this hilarious, feel-good novel is narrated by an oddly charming and socially challenged genetics professor on an unusual quest: to find out if he is capable of true love.
Don Tillman, professor of genetics, has never been on a second date. He is a man who can count all his friends on the fingers of one hand, whose lifelong difficulty with social rituals has convinced him that he is simply not wired for romance. So when an acquaintance informs him that he would make a “wonderful” husband, his first reaction is shock. Yet he must concede to the statistical probability that there is someone for everyone, and he embarks upon The Wife Project. In the orderly, evidence-based manner with which he approaches all things, Don sets out to find the perfect partner. She will be punctual and logical — most definitely not a barmaid, a smoker, a drinker, or a late-arriver.
Yet Rosie Jarman is all these things. She is also beguiling, fiery, intelligent — and on a quest of her own. She is looking for her biological father, a search that a certain DNA expert might be able to help her with. Don’s Wife Project takes a back burner to the Father Project and an unlikely relationship blooms, forcing the scientifically minded geneticist to confront the spontaneous whirlwind that is Rosie — and the realization that love is not always what looks good on paper.
The Rosie Project is a moving and hilarious novel for anyone who has ever tenaciously gone after life or love in the face of overwhelming challenges.
MOBI book The Rosie Project download PocketBook. Hardback The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion on Powells. Online ebook The Rosie Project read online on Android.